Recycling service is suspended effective Monday, August 31 through December 15. While the Department and DPW’s workers have worked hard to maintain residential recycling collection throughout the pandemic and record-breaking heat while other cities have abandoned recycling all together, modifying how DPW collects recycling is now necessary to stabilize and maintain trash collection for obvious public health reasons. The Department has also been reaching out to private contractors since March in an effort to get assistance for these routes and other trash services. Unfortunately, private companies are experiencing their own workforce and equipment challenges that have delayed the ability to provide significant help at this time. More info is available in the following Press Release. There is also an FAQ – Solid Waste – Continuity of Service that has additional information.
Community Collections Centers’ Hours of Operation Extended
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays – 7:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesdays, Thursdays – 7:00am – 6:00pm
Saturdays – 8:00am – 3:00pmHere is a map of the exact locations of the Community Collection Centers is available here.
Community Collection Center Location Changes
- District 1: DPW Maritime Operations Facility, 3311 Eastbourne Avenue
- District 2: DPW Eastside Sanitation Yard, 6101 Bowleys Lane and Hazelwood Elementary School, 4517 Hazelwood Avenue
- District 3: Hamilton Elementary, 6101 Old Harford Road
- District 4: Chinquapin Middle, 900 Woodbourne Avenue
- District 5: Former Police Academy, 3500 W. Northern Parkway (Access off of Manhattan Avenue)
- District 6: Greenspring Middle School, 4701 Greenspring Avenue
- District 7: Westside Elementary location moved to William S. Baer School, 2001 N. Warwick Avenue
- District 8: Westside Skills Center, 4501 Edmondson Avenue
- District 9: DPW Meter Shop location moved to Steuart Hill Academic Academy, 30 S. Gilmor Street (Access off of W. Lombard Street)
- District 10: DPW Southwest Sanitation Yard, 701 Reedbird Avenue
- District 11: Digital Harbor High School, 1100 Covington Street
- District 12: Dunbar High School, 601 N. Central Avenue
- District 13: DPW Property Management Facility, 1825 Edison Highway
- District 14: Mergenthaler (“Mervo”) High School, 3500 Hillen Road (Access off of 3500 block of Tivoly Avenue)
Residents are invited to continue to submit any questions or concerns about the Solid Waste Continuity of Service Plan to SolidWasteCOSPlan@Baltimorecity.Gov.