Below is a resource guide on how to handle a property being placed into tax sale. The best course of action for anyone with questions about a bill or notice or how to follow up is to contact the office of origin, e.g. Finance Department /Bureau of Revenue Collections (Property Tax); Department of Public Works (Water bills); or Environmental Control Board (environmental citations). Attached below: 1) an information sheet that provides an overview of the process with key resources for people that might have some unpaid city bills to assist them with avoiding the tax sale process; and 2) a resource guide developed by ProBono Resource Center of Maryland with various sources of assistance to help people avoid tax sale and to help people if they enter tax sale.