https://www.costelloforbaltimore.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/NEW-LOGO.png 0 0 Eric Costello https://www.costelloforbaltimore.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/NEW-LOGO.png Eric Costello2020-08-27 18:41:352020-09-15 14:54:09Recycling Collection Temporarily Suspended
THIS POST HAS SINCE BEEN UPDATED, SEE HERE FOR REVISED VERSION: https://www.costelloforbaltimore.com/uncategorized/updates-recycling-collection-temporarily-suspended/
Recycling service is suspended effective Monday, August 31 through October 31. While the Department and DPW’s workers have worked hard to maintain residential recycling collection throughout the pandemic and record-breaking heat while other cities have abandoned recycling all together, modifying how DPW collects recycling is now necessary to stabilize and maintain trash collection for obvious public health reasons. The Department has also been reaching out to private contractors since March in an effort to get assistance for these routes and other trash services. Unfortunately, private companies are experiencing their own workforce and equipment challenges that have delayed the ability to provide significant help at this time. More info is available in the following Press Release. There is also an FAQ – Solid Waste – Continuity of Service that has additional information.
Status updates on regularly scheduled trash collection are available here.
Community Collection Centers for recycling will be established in each City Council District and will be available Monday – Friday, 7am – 3pm. Residents may drop off recyclables at any of the below locations (Recycling locations map).
Community Collection Centers
- DPW Marine Operations Facility, 3311 Eastbourne
- DPW Eastside Yard, 6101 Bowleys Lane (extended hours; see below)
- Hamilton Elementary School, 6101 Old Harford Road
- Chinquapin Middle School, 900 Woodbourne Avenue
- The Old Police Academy, 3500 W. Northern Parkway
- Dr. Roland N. Patterson Academy, 4701 Greenspring Avenue
- Westside Elementary School, 2235 N. Fulton Avenue
- Westside Skills Center, 4501 Edmondson Avenue
- DPW Meter Shop Facility, 200 N. Franklintown Road
- DPW Westside Yard, 701 Reedbird Avenue (extended hours; see below)
- Digital Harbor High School, 1100 Covington
- Dunbar High School, 601 Central Avenue
- DPW Property Maintenance Facility, 1825 Edison Highway
- Merganthauler Vocational High School, 3500 Hillen Road
Mondays through Saturdays residents can still access all full Citizen Convenience Centers from 9an. to 7pm. These locations are as follows: Northwest Convenience Center, 2840 Sisson Street; DPW Eastside Yard, 6101 Bowleys Lane; DPW Westside Yard, 701 Reedbird. Mondays through Saturdays residents may also choose to use the Quarantine Road Landfill drop off center ( 6100 Quarantine Road) from 9am – 5pm, or the Northwest Transfer Station (5030 Reisterstown Road) from 7am – 5pm.